Holiday Program

What is the holiday program?

Melbourne Victory’s Holiday Program, funded by the Victorian Government’s Department of Education, returns each school holiday period. The program uses football as a vehicle to provide secondary school students with a unique opportunity to connect with Melbourne Victory FC and engage in a variety of education, cultural, and football sessions.

Participants will have the chance to develop leadership and teamwork skills while enhancing their football abilities through daily training and games. Beyond football, the program focuses on supporting the social and emotional well-being of young people.

Melbourne Victory is dedicated to delivering inclusive community programs throughout Melbourne, partnering with secondary schools and community services. This initiative aims to reach students from multicultural backgrounds and those facing barriers to accessing quality football programs.

In the winter school holidays our program:

• Engaged 173 young people in activities
• From 50+ schools across metropolitan Melbourne
• Who come from 30+ different cultural backgrounds

“If I didn’t have this to come to, I wouldn’t do much during the holidays. Coming to the program means I get to meet others and make new friends.” – MVFC Holiday Program participant (July 2024)

Spaces for the Holiday Program are limited and will be available to the public in the coming weeks.