SIS50319 Diploma of Sport & BSB50215 Diploma of Business
Melbourne Victory’s Sport & Business Program, powered by SEDA, is designed to give you the opportunity to study in a practical, hands-on learning environment, and gain real experience in the sports industry working alongside Melbourne Victory FC.
The one year, dual-Diploma program develops skills and knowledge across a variety of areas including sponsorship and fundraising, project and event management, talent identification, social media and marketing. You will connect and learn from sports industry experts, coaches and elite athletes. You will also gain insight into the business elements involved in a large elite sporting organisation.
You will have the opportunity to study a curriculum matched to your interests, complete a practical placement, run projects, and participate in football-specific high-performance activities, designed to further develop your skills and experience.
Upon successful completion, you will have the opportunity to move into further study with one of SEDA Group’s (SEDA) higher education providers, or transition into the workforce, equipped with the knowledge and attributes for a successful future. (subject to meeting eligibility requirements)
- Gain an understanding of what it is like to work across different roles in the sports industry
- Connect with Melbourne Victory staff in roles including management, marketing, administration, events and gain access to players and coaches.
- Match day assistance at home games
- Coaching and officiating at clinics
Intake & duration
- January 2022 intake
- 36-weeks duration
- Dual Diploma program delivered and assessed by SEDA comprising the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport, and the BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- Program includes specialisations in Sport Development and Coaching, in addition to the requirements to satisfy the SISSS00116 High Performance Coach skill set
- Four (4) days of face-to-face training and assessment, inclusive of facilitated online delivery for some subject areas
- Minimum of 80 hours of practical placement in industry
- High-performance athlete development sessions, supported by the team at Melbourne Victory FC
- Access to industry-leading facilities to complete practical sessions
- Qualification subject to change in 2022
An information session will be held on Tuesday, July 20 at AAMI Park providing further insight on the course and its opportunities. Limited places are available.
Hear from Melbourne Victory staff and SEDA Operations Manager, Adam Screech, as they answer your questions about the Melbourne Victory Sport & Business Program in 2022.
SEDA & Melbourne Victory FC
Melbourne Victory has partnered with SEDA Group as the leader in applied learning in the sports industry. The partnership allows students to gain industry-recognised qualifications and unique insights into the sports industry.
Melbourne Victory provides marketing and promotional services on behalf of SEDA Group RTO Provider Number: 22503 relating to the recruitment of prospective students for this program.
SEDA Group (SEDA)
1300 683 233