This month’s wellness lesson is:
Improving our sleeping routine is crucial to not only accomplish our health goals but goals within our life. Here are five tips to improving your overall sleep
- Establish a Consistent Sleep Schedule: Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends, to regulate your body’s internal clock and enhance sleep quality.
- Create a Relaxing Bedtime Routine: Develop calming pre-sleep rituals such as reading, a warm bath, or relaxation techniques, while avoiding screens at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Optimize Your Sleep Environment: Make your bedroom conducive to sleep by keeping it cool, dark, and quiet. Invest in a comfortable mattress and pillows, and consider using blackout curtains, earplugs, or a white noise machine.
- Watch Your Diet and Hydration: Be mindful of what and when you eat and drink, especially close to bedtime. Avoid heavy meals, caffeine, and nicotine in the evening, and limit nighttime hydration to reduce bathroom trips.
- Stay Active During the Day: Engage in regular physical activity, ensuring that exercise is completed a few hours before bedtime to avoid stimulating effects on sleep patterns.