MATCH REPORT | Victory Fall to Late Wanderers Goal

Victory fall 3-4 to Western Sydney after a late goal from Oscar Priestman.

Tony Popovic’s side looked to head into next weekend’s Elimination Final with a win over Western Sydney on Saturday 27 April at AAMI Park.

Almost immediately, Zinededine Machach broke the deadlock in the 4th minute after a stray back pass from the Wanderers found Bruno in on goal. After being forced wide, Fornaroli squared the pass to an oncoming Machach at the top of the box, who made no mistake rattling the back of the net.

And then, nine minutes later, Daniel Arzani doubled our lead.

Keeping the pressure building, Adama Traore forced a Wanderers turnover high up the ground. After recovering the ball, the full-back then sent in a low, fast, ball across the goal to find Arzani in the middle of the box who expertly curled his shot around the keeper.

The Wanderers struck back only five minutes later in the 20th minute through Lachlan Brook in what turned out to be a thriller of a first half.

Western Sydney’s Nicolas Milanovic then levelled the scores for the Wanderers in the 35th minute.

The second half started much like the first, with both teams eager to get on the front foot.

Then, in the 55th minute, Daniel Arzani did what he did best.

The former Socceroos found the back of the net once again to give Victory the lead from a curing shot from the top of the box.

With time ticking down, the man of the hour, Leigh Broxham, made his way to the pitch.

Disaster struck again in the 75th minute when Western Sydney levelled things once again through Aydan Hammond.

Then as time approached 90 minutes, the Wanderers scored again.

A deflected shot from Western Sydney’s Oscar Priestman gave Western Sydney the lead in the 87th minute.

With time ticking down, Bruno Fornaroli was given a golden chance in the 94th minute. Bruno streamed into goal as he faced Lawrence Thomas one-on-one, however, the keeper got a foot to Bruno’s shot.

The full-time whistle blew and our boys in blue fall 3-4 to Western Sydney. Attention now turns to next weekend’s Elimination Final.