Melbourne Victory has announced that Socceroo Andrew Nabbout will return to the club for the 2019/20 Hyundai A-League season.
Nabbout, 26, was a product of Victory’s youth team and made 46 appearances across all competitions for the club between 2012–2015.
The attacker now returns to Melbourne following a 16-month stint in Japan with J1 League giants Urawa Reds and having played for the Socceroos in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Nabbout is Marco Kurz’s second signing since taking over at Victory, following Robbie Kruse’s arrival on Tuesday.
Commenting on his move, Nabbout said it was the right move both personally and professionally.
“I’m delighted to be coming back to Melbourne Victory – this is a fantastic opportunity,” Nabbout said.
“After speaking with the club and discussing with my wife, we thought it was the right time to return to Melbourne.
“On a personal level, my wife and I are expecting our first child in November so to be around family will give us a big boost of support.
“From a football perspective, I just can’t wait to play.
“The club’s expectations are clear in wanting to achieve success – I expect nothing less from Victory and I’m very excited to be given the chance to work towards that.”
Kurz said he was delighted to sign a player like Nabbout, who bolsters Victory’s squad on and off the pitch.
“We’re thrilled to have secured Andrew Nabbout for this upcoming season,” Kurz said.
“Andrew is a talented attacker who has experience in the J-League, national team and as we know, previously in the A-League.
“It’s important to find players that complement the squad in an on-pitch sense, but also ones who fit culturally – Andrew, as a former player at Victory, is another one who meets that brief.
“The squad is starting to take shape, we’re excited with what is ahead.”