Andrew Nabbout says he is excited about his return to Melbourne and the prospect of linking up with Ola Toivonen and Robbie Kruse.
Nabbout comes back to Victory as a Socceroo with FIFA World Cup experience and following a stint with Japanese powerhouse Urawa Red Diamonds.
He will likely join fellow new signing Robbie Kruse and established target man Ola Toivonen as a front-three under new manager Marco Kurz.
“We’re all high-power attackers,” Nabbout said.
“Robbie and I are very familiar, we played together in the national team for the last year or so. Our styles are very similar… and we have a good pressing game.
“We’re going to do our best to link up with the big man [Ola]. I’m excited, so I’m hoping they [the fans] will be too.”
WATCH: Andrew Nabbout speaks to the media
Next Wednesday’s FFA Cup Round of 32 clash with Nabbout’s old club, Newcastle Jets, is likely to be the first chance Victory fans will get to see the new attack in action.
Nabbout said he won’t be fazed about coming up against his former teammates.
“There is a lot of young players that are going to get an opportunity against the Jets … it gives people a chance to step up and show what they’ve got to try and cement a spot in the squad.
“To me, it doesn’t matter who I’m playing against, as soon as I step out onto the pitch I’m playing for the team I’m playing for. It won’t make much difference to me.”
— Melbourne Victory (@gomvfc) July 30, 2019
Nabbout is ready to play his part as the club shifts to life under Kurz, a situation the attacker described as “exciting”.
“We’ve got a new gaffer, new coaching staff and a bunch of new players coming in so it’s a bit of a rebuilding phase.
“But that is always exciting because it gives everyone a chance to showcase what they’ve got to the new coach.
“I’m pretty versatile, I’m comfortable and very familiar in all roles across the front three, or front four even, so it just depends on what kind of formation we’re playing and where Marco wants me to play.”