Melbourne Victory goalkeeper Lawrence Thomas has committed to the club by signing a one-year contract extension.
Thomas, who is enjoying his best season to date in the Hyundai A-League, has signed on until the end of the 2017/18 season.
The announcement comes a day after defender Jason Geria extended his Victory contract by a further three years.
“I’m thrilled to extend my contract with Victory in what is an exciting time for me and the club,” Thomas said.
“I’ve worked hard to get an opportunity to play consistent first-team football and I’m thankful to Kevin Muscat for giving me that chance.
“I feel like I have improved over my time at Victory so far, working with some great goalkeepers and coaches, and I look forward to continuing that.”
Thomas has missed just one game this season after taking over as Victory’s first-choice goalkeeper.
“Lawrence has worked extremely hard over a long period to get his opportunity to be the club’s first-choice goalkeeper,” said Victory head coach Kevin Muscat.
“It’s a credit to his professionalism and positive attitude that he has improved to the level he is today, and we know there’s plenty of improvement in him too.”
After arriving at Victory for the start of the 2011/12 season, Thomas improved his craft working alongside the likes of Ante Covic, Nathan Coe and Danny Vukovic.
His defining moment came during the latter stages of the 2014/15 season, when he stepped in for the injured Coe and kept two clean sheets in the Finals Series as Victory completed the Premiership-Championship double.
Victory’s next game is against Brisbane Roar at AAMI Park on Friday night. Tickets are available here.